Dr. Robert A. Fisher's Services for the Legal Community:
EXPERT WITNESS SERVICES
An active Expert Witness in laser-related matters. References available on request.
Served as an court-authorized expert witness:
1. Served as expert witness data analyst and Expert Witness statistician/Data Analyst for Michael Gross Law Firm, Santa Fe, NM, RAMAH NAVAJO CHAPTER ET AL. V. BRUCE BABBITT ET AL., settled for ~$1 Billion.
2. Served as expert witness BIG SKY LASER TECHNOLOGIES, INC., vs AMERICAN MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIES, INC., (a/k/a f/k/a AMERICAN DENTAL TECHNOLOGIES, INC.), a Delaware Corporation, IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF TEXAS, CORPUS CHRISTI DIVISION, CIVIL ACTION NO. C-03-365.
3. Served as Expert Witness in Samuel Lucero vs City of Albuquerque, et al, Albuquerque 2nd Judicial District, D-202-CV-200707557. Case involved false arrest.
4. Served as Expert Witness, METROLASER INCORPORATED, a California corporation, vs ADVANCED SYSTEMS & TECHNOLOGIES INC., a California corporation; VLADIMIR MARKOV, an individual; JAMES MUNRO KILPATRICK, an individual; ANATOLIY KHIZHNYAK, an individual; and DOES 1 through 20, Inclusive, SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA COUNTY OF ORANGE - CENTRAL JUSTICE CENTER , Case No. 30-2012-00562808-CU-BC-CJC.
DATA ANALYSIS SERVICES:
As an active professional Ph.D. in Laser Physics (from Berkeley) in experimental and theoretical physics, I have spent most of my adult life extracting extremely subtle features out of noisy data, producing mathematical simulations, making elegantly simple and descriptive visual aids for public presentation, and finding very simple ways to explain very complex phenomena. Recently I have been applying all of these talents to serve the legal community. I perform numerical analysis, numerical modeling, number crunching, statistics, and forensic calculations. As an Expert in physics, I prepare convincing presentation graphics and accurate professional tabulations.
I can also help you or your client with the following:
· Graphing of annual financial data.
· Assessing (or attacking) highly technical reports (Electrical circuits, electrical safety, grounds, ground-fault interrupts, laser eye damage, automotive accident reconstructions, evaluation of technical merit and reporting accuracy of "hi-tech" offerings, etc.)
· Data assessment, trends, nonlinear least squares fitting of time data to equations for interpolation (to predict missing values) or for extrapolation (to predict future values).
· Finding time trends (How much did that client with irregular income lose during a certain time period?) (How does one apply changing rates of simple or compound interest to damages?)
· Searching paragraphs to identify mathematical or logical ambiguities. (In disputing a will, disputing a position regarding a contract, finding multiple interpretation of terms in employment contracts, etc)
· Graphical demonstrations of a parties' changes in spending behavior, or in any desired trend
· Proofreading draft agreements (wills, divorce settlement, contracts, water rights transfers, complex transactions, etc.) to identify and eliminate mathematical ambiguities and all logical ambiguities, especially when formulas are involved.
· Converting years of unsorted canceled checks, credit card statements or receipts into properly categorized and searchable data.
· Sitting with you and your client at negotiation time for the real-time assessment of settlement scenarios.
· Asset balancing at divorce settlement.
· Working with you or your client to develop convincing flow charts which show how sole and separate money transferred in time from asset to asset.
· Produce outstanding visuals for transparencies, paper visual aids, or full-size story boards. All visual aids will convey the utmost professionalism.
Data Analysis Services; How I work:
My computers and printers are portable. I can work here in my office in Santa Fe, at your offices, or work can be done at virtually any remote site with one or more of your clients. I can also send and receive via Dropbox and I can (if you desire) exchange files via e-mail. I can encrypt transmissions. If, in the unlikely event that I am not good at the specific task you ask me to do, I will immediately tell you so.
Data Analysis Services; Rate Structure:
If you are stuck at the last minute and you require work (for that 9:00 AM hearing) that has to be done after 6 PM the night before or on weekends, then higher rates apply. I can work straight through the night at your side to prepare for that 9:00 AM hearing.
References: Attorney references provided upon request.
[Home] [Biography] [Resume] [In-house technical courses] [Government panels] [Technical consulting]
Click here to e-mail
In your e-mail, please include your postal mailing address, your phone number, and, if available, your fax number.